Course Category: Software Testing
Course Duration: 2 Days
Hours: 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
This course is HRDF SBL & HRDF SBL Khas Approved
Background and Objectives
The explosion and continued growth of mobile is accepted. Mobile accounts for more than 60% of digital media time as per reports. The increased dependence on mobile has led to more organizations spending considerably higher resources into mobile testing.
This ASTB (American Software Testing Board) Certified Mobile Tester offers an overview of testing in a mobile environment and then focuses on the unique challenges of mobile testing as compared to kinds of testing.
The course syllabus is designed using the latest mobile testing standards.
Why Mobile Tester Certification
- Increased and enhanced skills set for Testers. Almost all Testers would perform some or significant amounts of mobile testing even if they do not do so now.
- Understand the mobile testing vocabulary and standards
- Improved and more robust mobile interfaces.
Who should attend?
- Software Testers
- Test Managers and Team Leaders
- Mobile Application Developers
- Quality Assurance Staff
- Business Analysts
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 2 days.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: One hour duration
The computer based exams are scheduled at KRYTERION Testing Network (KTN) Centres close to your location (http://kryteriononline.com/). The exam is held separately from the training course.
The Mobile Tester – Foundation Level Certification exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions that total to 40 marks.
The exam is closed-book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used. The candidate must achieve at least 65% (26 out of 40) of the total score possible.
- What is a Mobile Application
- Expectations from Mobile Users
- Challenges for Testers
- Frequent Releases
- Necessary Skills
- Equipment Requirements
- Lifecycle Models
- Identify Functions and Attributes
- Identify and Assess Risks
- Determine Coverage Goals
- Determine Test Approach
- Identify Test Conditions and Set Scope
- Regression Testing
- What is agile
- Differences between Agile and other frameworks
- Success stories with Agile
- Business benefits observed
- Agile Life Cycle
- Activity – The Penny Game
- Application to Mobile
- Generic Tools
- Commercial or Open Source Tools
- Environments and Protocols
- Environment Considerations
- Specific Application-Based Environment Considerations
- Browser-based Applications
- Native Device Applications
- Hybrid Applications
- Real Devices, Simulators, Emulators and the Cloud
- Real Devices
- Performance Test Tools and Support
- Test Automation
- Tool Support
- Skills Needed
- Expect Rapid Growth
- Build for Change
- Architect the Testing
- Enable Efficient Maintenance
- Select Tools for Flexibility
- Select Partners Carefully
- Plan for the Future
- Lifecycle Models
- Alternative Testing
- Anticipating the Future