Course Category: Soft Skills
Course Duration: 2 Days
Hours: 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
This course is HRDF SBL & HRDF SBL Khas Approved
It is an achievement to become a manager or a supervisor. Most reach this coveted position due to their domain expertise, hours spent in a role and a variety of soft skills that they demonstrate. However, very few are formally coached to assume this responsibility. As a result, many managers spend years in a trial and error mode.
Managers also face an unenviable task of managing not only their own or their team’s performance but also to manage bosses and stakeholders.
This two day course attempts to provide the newly minted and experienced managers with several insights, ideas and techniques to build up their ability as a successful and an effective manager.
This course shall also introduce some concepts of leadership that all managers are required to demonstrate in varying degrees.
This course is equally beneficial for experienced or new managers.
- What is leadership?
- Role of a leader
- Difference between a manager and a leader
- Skills required to be an effective communicator
- Effective listening skills
- The art of asking questions
- Body language
- Handling conference calls
- Facilitating Meetings
- Importance & preparation of agenda and minutes
- Handling the group dynamics
- Stress & performance
- Causes of Stress
- Managing and coping with Stress
- Dealing with emotions
- Providing feedback
- Soliciting feedback
- Expressing disagreement
- How to resolve conflicts
- Conflict resolution styles
- Uses of different styles
- Four pillars of time management
- Goal setting
- Planning & Prioritising
- Overcoming obstacles
- Building Blocks of teams
- Motivating self and the team
- Building Trust
- Various leadership styles
- Adapting leadership styles
- The managerial grid
Who Should Attend
- Directors, Leaders, Department Heads or Business Owners
- Managers: Line Manager, Project Manager, Divisional, Departmental or Domain Manager
- Anyone who manages people, i.e. Educators, Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, etc.