During the Certified Scrum Master Training (CSM) we cover all aspects of Scrum, both in theory and in practice. You will learn the Scrum values and principles and know how they contribute to the success of your project. The participants learn the techniques to lead development teams towards Agile operations by managing product backlogs, planning releases and sprints, tracking and reporting progress, and conducting retrospectives.
Apart from the basics of Agile philosophy and Scrum, you can expect the following advanced learning topics:
- The statistics Scrum provides (Product Backlog, Burndown charts
- Implementing Scrum without drastic changes in your organization
- The size of a Scrum project team to multiple teams in a geographically (offshore) environment.
- Initiate, plan and lead a Scrum project
- Establish planning a release with Agile user stories and story points.
- Manage and motivate teams in Scrum planning Sprints , magazines and retrospectives.
- Identify and involve the various stakeholders to collaborate in the Scrum project
- Create an enabling environment for creativity and performance of Scrum team
The course is suitable for all participants in Scrum projects including analysts, programmers, testers, architects, project managers, programme managers, subject matter experts, operational managers and business stakeholders.
Exam Pattern and Duration
Participants who complete the two-day course will be required to take an online exam within 60 days from the course date.
The CSM exam consists of 35 multiple choice questions. The candidate must achieve at least 24 out of 35 of the total score possible.
Upon successful completion of the exam, the candidate will receive official designation as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance, along with a one-year membership of the Scrum Alliance.
The Agile History
Introduction to Scrum
- Waterfall vs. Agile
- Agile Manifesto
- The Principle of Scrum
- User stories : definition, description, epics, themes, the iceberg effect
- Product backlog, prioritization techniques
- Sprint, Sprint backlog
Planning and Estimation
- The Scrum Rules of estimation
- The Chart of effectiveness
- Planning poker exercise
- How to plan properly
- Capacity handling Summarising stakeholders with ‘MACROSCOPE’
Roles & Responsibilities
- Scrum team
- Scrum master
- Product owner
- Definition of done
- Review meeting
- Retrospective meeting
- Planning meeting
- Scrum stand-up meeting
- Scrum of Scrums meeting
- Sprint celebration meeting
- Burn down chart
- Sprint backlog
- Product backlog
- Product burn dowTask board
- Visual board