IREBs (International Requirements Engineering Board) Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering certification is a standardized qualification for requirements engineers and business analysts.
IREB’s role is to support a single, universally accepted, international qualification scheme, aimed at requirements engineering for professionals, by providing the core syllabi and by setting guidelines for accreditation and examination.
IREB offers three qualifications on Requirements Engineering namely Foundation Level (CPRE-AL), Advanced Level (CPRE-AL) and Expert Level (CPRE-EL). Attaining each level certification is a mandatory requirement to graduate to the next level.
What is International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB)?
The CPRE Certification is earned through passing a multiple choice examination.
CPRF-FL comprises of basic knowledge of eliciting, analyzing, specifying, documenting, validating and managing requirements.
A person with a CPRE FL certificate is expected to:
- Be familiar with the terminology of requirements engineering, business analysis and requirements management.
- Understand the basic techniques and methods of requirements engineering and their application.
- Be familiar with the most established notations for requirements. There are more than 10000 professionals who have achieved the CPRE certification worldwide.
Why Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE) Certification (FL)?
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is the sponsor of the international certification program entitled Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE). The board maintains the syllabus, test contents and governs the associated processes and rules.
IREB was founded in October 2006 as a legal entity based in Germany.
More information on IREB can be viewed at www.certified-re.de/en/.
Benefits to the Employer
- Improved performance
- Attract and retain high calibre staff
- Formal training and qualification provided
The foundation level certification exam has no pre-requisites.
Who should attend
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Developers who need to specify requirements
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers &
- Software Managers
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 75 minutes duration
45 multiple choice questions.
The questions are of differing difficulty and therefore assigned differing amounts of points. The exam is closed-book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used. The candidate must achieve at least than 60% of the total score possible.
Result, Certificate & Recertification
The candidate will receive the exam results and the certificates from MSTB.
There is no requirement to maintain the certification or seek a recertification.
The credential certificate is valid for life.
- What are requirement?
- Evolution of requirements
- The four major activities of RE
- System, System Context and Boundaries
- Determining System and Context Boundaries
- Sources of Requirements
- Categorization of Requirements according to the Kano Model
- Elicitation Techniques
- Structuring Documents
- Documentation Style Alternatives
- Document Structure
- Using Requirements Documents
- Quality Criteria for Requirements Documents
- Quality Criteria for Requirements
- Language Effects
- Constructing Requirements using a Template
- Goal Models
- Use Case Models
- Three Modelling Views
- Structural Requirements Models
- Functional Requirements Models
Behavioural Requirements Models
- Basics for Checking Requirements
- Basics of Reconciling Conflicting Requirements
- Checking Requirements Quality
- Principles for Checking Requirements
- Techniques for Checking Requirements
- Techniques for Reconciling Conflicting Requirements
- Adding Attributes to Requirements
- Creating Views of Requirements
- Prioritizing Requirements
- Tracing Requirements
- Requirements Versioning
- Managing Change Requests
- Types of Tools
- Tool Introduction
- Tool Evaluation
Processworks is a Recognized Training Provider of International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB)
Processworks is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider.