Course Category: Business Analysis
Course Duration: 3 Days
Hours: 21 PD Hours / CDUs (Professional Development Hours / Capability Development Units)
Background and Objectives
This 3 day course is designed to provide an in-depth analysis of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), Version 3.0. BABOK is commonly referred to as the BABOK Guide and is published by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
The BABOK is the collection of knowledge, activities, methodologies and practices in the Business Analysis (BA) discipline. BABOK offers comprehensive advice to Business and Systems Analysts on the critical skills and the proficiencies that are required for the Business Analysis profession. The BABOK Guide also serves as a reference guide for professional knowledge relating to business analysis and is the syllabus for the CCBA certification.
Upon completion of this course, participants would be able to:
- Gain a good understanding of the principles and activities described in the six knowledge areas of BABOK
- Understand the definition and terminology specified in the BABOK
- Apply techniques specified in the BABOK
- Take the CCBA examination subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
- Processworks is an Endorsed Education Provider (EEP) of IIBA. This course is endorsed by IIBA and earns the attendees 21 Professional Development Hours.
What is the CCBA Certification?
The Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) credential is for the experienced business analysis professional. This certification requires professionals to demonstrate approximately three years of practitioner experience in the Business Analysis function. A considerable exposure to a minimum of four knowledge areas out of a total of six areas defined in the BABOK Guide is required.
What is International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)?
IIBA is the independent non-profit professional association for the growing field of business analysis. IIBAs goal is to create greater awareness of the BA profession and recognition of the value of the business analyst role.
Course Participation Pre-Requisites:
There are no prerequisites to attend the training.
Certification Exam Pre-Requisites:
To earn the CCBA designation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOK Guide in the last 7 years
- Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or CBAP recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Benefits to the Employer
- Improved performance
- Attract and retain high calibre staff
- Formal training and qualification provided
Who should attend?
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Developers who need to specify requirements
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers &
- Software Managers
- Examination and certification goals
- Purpose of the BABOK Guide
- What is Business Analysis
- Who is a Business Analyst
- Navigating the BABOK® contents and structure
- The Business Analysis Core Concept Model
- Key Terms
- Requirements Classification Schema
- Requirements and Designs
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Behavioural Characteristics
- Business knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Interaction Skills
- Tools and Technology
- Plan Business Analysis Approach
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan Business Analysis Governance
- Plan Business Analysis Info. Management
- Identify Business Analysis Performance Improvements
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate Business Analysis Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
- Trace Requirements
- Maintain Requirements
- Prioritize Requirements
- Assess Requirements Changes
- Approve Requirements
- Analyse Current State
- Define Future State
- Assess Risks
- Define Change Strategy
- Specify and Model Requirements
- Verify Requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Define Requirements Architecture
- Define Design Options
- Analyse Potential Value and Recommend Solution
- Measure Solution Performance
- Analyse Performance Measures
- Assess Solution Limitations
- Assess Enterprise Limitations
- Recommend Actions to Increase Solution Value
Discussion on specific techniques such as
- Backlog Management, Balanced Scorecard,
- Collaborative Games, Context Modelling,
- Nob-Functional Requirements Analysis
- Observation, etc.
- The Agile Perspective
- The Business Intelligence Perspective
- The Information Technology Perspective
- The Business Architecture Perspective
- The Business Process Management Perspective
- Meeting experience and education requirements
- Writing key sections of the application
Course outline, syllabus or table of contents may be added to support your application
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 Days
The course format is a combination of theory, case studies, test practice and situational analysis. The participants would practice sample questions and mock exams extensively during the training.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: The CCBA Certification exam is for 3 hour duration
Exam is a live web delivered exam that requires a desktop or laptop, an internet connection, and, a working webcam, and microphone.
The CCBA exam consists of 130 multiple choice scenario-based questions formulated from the BABOK® Guide and must be completed within 3 hours.