This course is HRDF SBL & HRDF SBL Khas Approved
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
Processworks is an APMG Affiliate for the Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Training.
Processworks affiliate status is under ProjectingIT which is an accredited Training Organization (ATO) by APMG International by APMG International, UK for Agile Foundation and Practitioner Training.
What is this Course About?
APMGs Agile Project Management qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who desire to be Agile. Based on the proven fundamentals within Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), also known as DSDM Atern, this new certification enhances the ability to deliver Projects that require traditional project management standards, rigour and visibility, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
- Explains how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explains how an agile project is managed
- Clarifies the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- Provides integration with PRINCE2
What you will Learn?
- Understand the Concepts, Benefits and Risks of Agile Development
- Understand the Philosophy, Approach and Principles of Agile Project Management using DSDM Atern
- Understand the DSDM Atern Lifecycle and Products
- Understand Agile Project Team Roles & set up Agile Project Teams
- Understand how Agile Project are delivered on time, cost & quality
- Elicit, Analyse, Prioritise and Manage requirements
- Create a Time boxed plan for a Project
- Understand the importance of Negotiation and Collaboration
- Learn how to Monitor and Control Agile Projects
- Prepare to Pass the APMG Agile Project Management, Foundation Level Certification Exam
The Course provides participants a practical understanding of Agile Project Management based on the widely used framework of DSDM Atern. The course highlights the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or work package) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control.
Why become APMG Agile Project Management, Foundation Level Certified?
- Gartner predicts that 80% of all Software projects will being using Agile in the next couple of years
- Software development teams have been using techniques such as Scrum, XP (eXtreme Programming), Lean and others for over a decade. Agile Project Management goes beyond these techniques to bring innovation, responsiveness and quality to projects across the full gamut of human endeavour. Agile Project Management principles, processes and practices are generic and can be applied to any industry.
Who should attend?
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in pursuing the APMG Agile Project Management, Foundation Level Certification.
These include but not limited to:
- Agile Project Managers,
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Team Members
- Project Sponsors
- Project Planners
- Quality Staff (Testing and Quality Assurance)
- Agile Developers, Programmers
- Project Manager
- Team Leaders
- Certified PRINCE2 and PMP professionals
- Testers and Project Controller (PMO Office)
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 40 mins duration.
The Agile Project Management – Foundation exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions.
The exam is closed-book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used. The exam will be graded by the trainer and results will be provided confidentially. The candidate must achieve at least 50% of the total score possible to pass.
Program Outline & Topics
- What is Agile Project Management?
- Benefits of Agile Project Management
- When to use Agile Project Management
- Preparing for a successful Agile project
- Agile Project Management Principle
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
- Management Products and Deliverables
- Business Work Products and Deliverables
- Technical Products and Deliverables
- Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Project Team Empowerment
- Agile Project Team Structure
Program Outline & Topics
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
- Agile Planning
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Estimating and Measurement
- Agile Configuration Management
- Agile Requirements (Functional and Non-functional Requirements)
- Agile Testing
- Quality Management and Quality Control
- Ensuring Maintainability and Scalabilitya