Course Category: Agile MethodsProject Management
Course Duration: 5 Days
Hours: 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
Processworks is an APMG Affiliate for the Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Training.
Processworks affiliate status is under ProjectingIT which is an accredited Training Organization (ATO) by APMG International by APMG International, UK for Agile Foundation and Practitioner Training.
What is this Course About?
APMGs Agile Project Management qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who desire to be Agile. Based on the proven fundamentals within Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), also known as DSDM Atern, this new certification enhances the ability to deliver Projects that require traditional project management standards, rigour and visibility, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
- Explains how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explains how an agile project is managed
- Clarifies the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- Provides integration with PRINCE2
What will You Learn?
- Understand the Concepts, Benefits and Risks of Agile Development
- Understand the Philosophy, Approach and Principles of Agile Project Management using DSDM Atern
- Understand the DSDM Atern Lifecycle and Products
- Understand Agile Project Team Roles & set up Agile Project Teams
- Understand how Agile Project are delivered on time, cost & quality
- Elicit, Analyse, Prioritise and Manage requirements
- Create a Time boxed plan for a Project
- Understand the importance of Negotiation and Collaboration
- Learn how to Monitor and Control Agile Projects
- Prepare to Pass the APMG Agile Project Management, Foundation Level Certification Exam
Who should Attend
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in pursuing the APMG Agile Project Management, Foundation Level Certification.
These include but not limited to Agile Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Scrum Team Members, Project Sponsors, Project Planners, Quality Staff (Testing and Quality Assurance), Agile Developers, Programmers, Designers, Project Manager, Team Leaders, Certified PRINCE2 and PMP professionals, Testers and Project Controller (PMO Office).
The Course provides participants a practical understanding of Agile Project Management based on the widely used framework of DSDM Atern. The course highlights the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or ‘work package’) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control.
Why become APMG Agile Project Management Certified?
- Gartner predicts that 80% of all Software projects will being using Agile in the next couple of years
- Software development teams have been using techniques such as Scrum, XP (eXtreme Programming), Lean and others for over a decade.
- Agile Project Management goes beyond these techniques to bring innovation, responsiveness and quality to projects across the full gamut of human endeavour.
- Agile Project Management principles, processes and practices are generic and can be applied to any industry.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 5 days.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam Pattern and Duration
APMG Agile PM Foundation exam:
The foundation AgilePM certification lives up to its name by providing the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
APMG Agile PM Practitioner exam:
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
- AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version)
The practitioner examination is in the “Objective Testing” format of scenario, question and answer booklet
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination
Program Outline and Topics
- Agile Project Management Fundamentals
- What is Agile Project Management?
- Benefits of Agile Project Management
- When to use Agile Project Management
- Preparing for a successful Agile project
- Agile Project Management Principles
- The Agile Project Management Process
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
- Work Products and Deliverables
- Management Products and Deliverables
- Business Work Products and Deliverables
- Technical Products and Deliverables
- Agile Project Teams
- Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Project Team Empowerment
- Agile Project Team Structure
- Agile Project Management Practices
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
- Project Management and Control
- Agile Planning
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Estimating and Measurement
- Agile Configuration Management
- Agile Project Management Concerns
- Agile Requirements (Functional and Non-functional Requirements)
- Agile Testing
- Quality Management and Quality Control
- Ensuring Maintainability and Scalability