The power of an effective team is unquestioned. All organizations have one, few or many teams that work towards common objectives. Teams are critical not only from organizational goals perspective but they also provide directions and roadmaps to the team players. Organizations continually strive to create more effective teams, and team players seek teams that manage their skills and provide professional and personal growth.
This two day workshop is meant to provide the attendees a better understanding of the team and team dynamics. The course discusses some of the approaches to create high-performance teams.
Workshop Delivery Style
Class room based. All topics will be covered by way of exercises, role-plays, group discussions, games and hence the session will be interactive. The aim is to convert knowledge into skills and to practice the skills in the workshop itself.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who is a team member or is leading or managing teams. Managers, Business Owners, Team Leads, Staff, Executives, and Representatives would all benefit from the workshop.
- Be able to know how to select the right people
- Be able to know how to manage people as per their role, initiative & knowledge
- Be able to building skills like communicate, listening & handle meetings
- Be able to motivate team towards performance excellence
- Introduction & Context building
- What are teams?
- Why Teams?
- Typical workplace teams and the team dynamics: traditional small teams, geographically spread teams, project teams, multi-cultural teams etc.
- Challenges of working in teams & overcoming them
- Experience of working in teams – exercise
- How do “I” make teams more effective
- Individual team players styles
- Typical team conflicts
- Conflict resolution – individual style of resolving conflicts
Program Outline & Topics
- How to make teams more effective-Exercise on problem solving
- Team development stages
- Using the psychological tool-Firo-B for developing better relations
- Decision making techniques
- Brainstorming / Brain writing
- Nominal Group Technique
- Exercise on Brainstorming and Consensus building
- Integration of all learnings – exercise
- Summary and action plan