Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise- and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs – by becoming a SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
To perform the role of a SAFe Product Owner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 4 Product Owner certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Exam Pattern and Duration
Participants who complete the two-day course will be required to take an online exam within 10 days from the course date.
The SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam consists of 45 multiple choice questions. The candidate is required to score 35 out of 45 (77% passing score) to pass the certification.
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Upon successful completion of the exam, the candidate will receive A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate, along with a one-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform.
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan