Processworks is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner Course through PeopleCert
What is PRINCE2® Certification About?
PRINCE2 means PRojectsIN Controlled Environment. PRINCE2 is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The Foundation Certification course is the entry level course to Project Management. This course prepares the delegates to appear for the AXELOS’ PRINCE2 Foundation Level Project Management Certification and pass it successfully.
PRINCE2 encourages formal recognition of responsibilities within a project and focuses on what a project is to deliver, why, when and for whom. PRINCE2 provides projects with:
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- A common, consistent approach
- Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the Business Case flexible decision points
- Automatic management control of any deviations from the plan
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organisation
- A means of capturing and sharing lessons learned
- A route to increasing the project management skills and competences of the organisation’s staff at all levels
Why become AXELOS' PRINCE2® Foundation Certified Project Manager?
- Widely recognized Project Certification across the world
- Demonstrates your understanding of Project Management
- Certification increases your Marketability
- Approval of your knowledge of Project Management
- Proof of Professional Achievement
- Improves the way you manage your Projects
There are no pre-requisites to attending the course or taking the certification exam.
What You will Learn?
- Understand the PRINCE2 method at Foundation level
- Understand the PRINCE2 Method and Framework
- What are Projects, Characteristics of Projects
- The Structure of PRINCE2
- Understand the Four Integrated Elements of PRINCE2
- Understand the 7 PRINCE2 Principles and their Purpose
- Learn the 7 PRINCE2 Themes and their Purpose
- Learn the 7 PRINCE2 Processes, their Purpose, Objectives, Activities and Outputs
- Understand the PRINCE2 Project Management team Roles and their Responsibilities
- Key PRINCE2 Project Management Products and why and where they are created
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in pursuing the AXELOS PRINCE2® Foundation Project Management Certification Examination including anyone, who wants to take up project management including Project Managers, Team Managers, Executives, Project Leaders, Project Co-ordinators, Program and Delivery Managers, Quality Staff (Testing and Quality Assurance), PMP, Testers and Project Controller (PMO Office). There are no pre-requisites or eligibility criteria.
Program Outline & Topics
Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects, project success criteria, the model of the PRINCE2® method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
PRINCE2® focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. PRINCE2® Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
What is a Business Case, Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits, Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan
Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management, Communication Management Strategy.
Levels and content of Plans, Exception Plans, Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2® planning steps.
Management and Technical Stages, Tolerance and Raising Exceptions, Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Baselines for Control, Capturing and Reporting Lessons, Event-driven and time-driven controls.
Issue and Change Control procedure, Configuration Management procedure, Configuration Management Strategy, Baseline, Handling changes, Tracking and protecting products, Change Authority and Change Budget.
Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial, Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
Risk and Risk Management, Risk Management in Projects, Risk Management Strategy, Risk Management Procedure and Risk Budget.
A project scenario runs throughout the course from start to finish. A comprehensive set of tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Many tasks are designed to help delegates link the four integrated elements of PRINCE2® – Principles, Processes, Themes and Tailoring. There are also sample exam questions for delegates to practice on before sitting the Foundation exam.
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 1 hour duration
- Multiple choice format
- 60 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass – 55%
- No eligibility for Exams
- Foundation Exams can be taken by delegates who are new to Project Management