Course Category: Project Management
Course Duration: 3 Days
Hours: 21 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
The swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
MSP® is a proven framework which will allows you to successfully deliver transformational change through the application of programme management. MSP is increasingly recognised as important to enable organisations to manage change within both public and private sectors.
According to MSP, projects deal with outputs and programmes deal with outcomes. It is the ability to manage and align outcomes and their benefits with strategic goals which will keep organisations evolving and prospering in any environment.
Core concepts of the MSP framework are:
Common factors that will strengthen the success of any change management programme.
The defined approach to programme management an organisation is going to undertake from leadership and delivery team placement to organisational structures and information control.
The pathway used to deliver and achieve the transformational change. This is a series of steps, structure and documents from the initial vision through to the delivery of the programme, corroboration of the outcomes and benefit realisation to the close of the programme.
The MSP Foundation certification verifies a candidate’s sound understanding of the MSP principles, themes and processes. Foundation certification is for those who intend to work within programme environments that need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice.
MSP is a framework that has been developed by the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdom. The framework has been developed through the experience of thousands of projects and contributions from Project Managers and experts, specialists and trainers in both change management and programme management.
MSP® Foundation Course
The MSP Foundation course focuses on the 3 core concepts of MSP; Principles, Governance Themes and Transformation flow; and will help to prepare you for the MSP Foundation examination.
The MSP Foundation course uses a mix of comprehensive notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance individual learning. It will be a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an MSP accredited practitioner and trainer. The use of a case study with mock Foundation exam papers to familiarise participants with the exam format will be used as the course is designed to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios.
Read assigned Chapters from the MSP Manual, complete Organization Exercise and Information Baseline Exercise
There are no prerequisites to attend the training.
What you will learn?
- Introduction and overview of the MSP framework
- The MSP Principles – Factors that will strengthen the success of any change management programme
- The MSP Governance Themes – The defined approach to programme management
- The MSP Transformational Flow – The pathway used to deliver and achieve the transformational change.
What is provided?
- Interactive course of sharing and learning
- Comprehensive course notes and sample exams
- MSP Examination
- Official MSP Foundation Certificate on successful completion
Who is this for?
Suited to any organisation or individual seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing programmes
- Programme directors
- Programme managers
- Programme support staff
- Business change managers
- Senior managers from any discipline involved in major business change
- Course Introduction and Administration
- Introduction to Programme Management
- Intro to MSP Principles
- MSP Overview
- Flow: Identifying a Programme
- Theme: Vision
- Flow: Defining a Programme
- Theme: Organisation
- Theme: Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- MSP Baselines 1
- Theme: Benefits Realisation Management
- Theme: Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Theme: Planning and Control
- Theme: Business Case
- Theme: Risk Management & Issue Resolution
- Theme: Quality and Assurance Management
- Flow: Managing the Tranches
- Flow: Delivering the Capability
- Flow: Realising the Benefits
- Flow: Closing a Programme
- Consolidation Exercise: Go with the Flow
- MSP Foundation Exam
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 days.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: 60 minutes duration
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation exam consists of 70 multiple choice questions.
The exam is closed-book, i.e. no materials are allowed to be used. The candidate must achieve at least 50% (35 out of 70 marks) of the total score possible to pass.