What is SAFe®
SAFe® is an online, freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems development at enterprise scale. It provides comprehensive guidance for work at the enterprise Portfolio, Value Stream, Program, and Team levels.
The framework is modular and scalable allowing organizations to use it as per their environment and business objectives.
The Scaled Agile Framework (or SAFe) is designed and owned by Scaled Agile, Inc.
Course & Certification Overview
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certifiedSAFe® Agilist (SA).
The SAFe Agilist certification is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
Who should attend?
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Product Owners
There are no prerequisites for attending the course.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended (although not mandatory) for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
The course is facilitated by a Scaled Agile Frameworks Program Consultant (SPC).
Exam Pattern and Duration
Participants who complete the two-day course will be required to take an online exam within 10 days from the course date.
The SAFe Agilist (SA) exam consists of 50 questions. There are 35 multiple choice questions and 15 true/false questions. The total marks are 220 and the candidate is required to score 130 marks to pass the certification.
Upon successful completion of the exam, the candidate will receive A SAFe Agilist certificate, along with a one-year membership of the SAFe Agilist