Background and Objectives
This 3 day course is designed to provide an in-depth analysis of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), Version 3.0. BABOK is commonly referred to as the BABOK Guide and is published by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
The BABOK is the collection of knowledge, activities, methodologies and practices in the Business Analysis (BA) discipline. BABOK offers comprehensive advice to Business and Systems Analysts on the critical skills and the proficiencies that are required for the Business Analysis profession. The BABOK Guide also serves as a reference guide for professional knowledge relating to business analysis and is the default syllabus for the ECBA certification.
Upon completion of this course, participants would be able to:
- Gain a good understanding of the principles and activities described in the six knowledge areas of BABOK
- Understand the definition and terminology specified in the BABOK
- Apply techniques specified in the BABOK
- Take the ECBA examination subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
- Processworks is an Endorsed Education Provider (EEP) of IIBA. This course is endorsed by IIBA and earns the attendees 21 Professional Development Hours.
What is the ECBA Certification?
The Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) credential is for the business analysis professional new to the area. This certification is an introductory certification which serves as the foundation for understanding the BABOK Guide.
What is International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)?
IIBA is the independent non-profit professional association for the growing field of business analysis. IIBAs goal is to create greater awareness of the BA profession and recognition of the value of the business analyst role.
Course Participation Pre-Requisites:
There are no prerequisites to attend the training.
Certification Exam Pre-Requisites:
Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
Benefits to the Employer
- Improved performance
- Attract and retain high calibre staff
- Formal training and qualification provided
- Who should attend?
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Developers who need to specify requirements
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers &
- Software Managers
- Anyone interested in the area of Business Analysis
- Examination and certification goals
- Purpose of the BABOK Guide
- What is Business Analysis
- Who is a Business Analyst
- Navigating the BABOK® contents and structure
- The Business Analysis Core Concept Model
- Key Terms
- Requirements Classification Schema
- Requirements and Designs
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Behavioural Characteristics
- Business knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Interaction Skills
- Tools and Technology
- Plan Business Analysis Approach
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan Business Analysis Governance
- Plan Business Analysis Info. Management
- Identify Business Analysis Performance Improvements
- Trace Requirements
- Maintain Requirements
- Prioritize Requirements
- Assess Requirements Changes
- Approve Requirements
- Analyse Current State
- Define Future State
- Assess Risks
- Define Change Strategy
- Specify and Model Requirements
- Verify Requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Define Requirements Architecture
- Define Design Options
- Analyse Potential Value and Recommend Solution
- Measure Solution Performance
- Analyse Performance Measures
- Assess Solution Limitations
- Assess Enterprise Limitations
- Recommend Actions to Increase Solution Value
- Discussion on specific techniques such as
- Backlog Management, Balanced Scorecard,
- Collaborative Games, Context Modelling,
- Nob-Functional Requirements Analysis
- The Agile Perspective
- The Business Intelligence Perspective
- The Information Technology Perspective
- The Business Architecture Perspective
- The Business Process Management Perspective
- Meeting the education requirements
Course outline, syllabus or table of contents may be added to support your application
Training and Exam Duration
Training: 3 Days
The course format is a combination of theory, case studies, test practice and situational analysis. The participants would practice sample questions and mock exams extensively during the training.
The course material shall be issued on the first day of the course during registration.
Exam: The ECBA Certification exam is for 1 hour duration
Exam is a live web delivered exam that requires a desktop or laptop, an internet connection, and, a working webcam, and microphone.
The exam is based on multiple choice questions pattern. There are 50 multiple choice questions. Passing marks is based on the cut score using a psychometric procedure.