Background and Objectives
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
About DevOps Foundation
This fourteen (14) hour certification course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
This course is designed to provide the basic education needed to build a basic understanding of DevOps concepts and practices.
There are no pre-requisites to attend the course and certification.
Basic familiarity with IT and IT frameworks (Agile, Lean, ITSM) is recommended.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices – including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
- The Three Ways
- The First Way
- The Theory of Constraints
- The Second Way
- The Third Way
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Funding
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational maturity models
- Target Operating Models
- DevOps Toolchain
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
Who is the DevOps Foundation Certification for
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers
DevOps Foundation Certification Exam
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
About DevOps Institute (DOI)
The DevOps Institute (DOI) is the global learning community around emerging DevOps practices and is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market. Working with recognized thought leaders , a strategic examination partner, and DevOps Express, DOI has set the quality standard for relevant, current and sustainable DevOps course content and certification.
Course Category: Agile Methods
Course Duration: 2 Days
Hours: 14 Contact Hours