Background and Objectives
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a cultural transformation requires new skills, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across the IT organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
About DevOps Foundation
This sixteen (16) hour certification course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
This course is designed to provide the basic education needed to build a basic understanding of DevOps concepts and practices.
There are no pre-requisites to attend the course and certification.
Basic familiarity with IT and IT frameworks (Agile, Lean, ITSM) is recommended.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices – including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Certification Examination
- Body of Knowledge
- Definition, Goals and Stakeholders
- NoOps Vs NewOps
- What’s Driving the Business and IT
- Recent findings
- Outcome Economy
- The Golden Circle ‐ Business “Why”
- Business Value of DevOps
- IT Cultural and Technical Challenges
- Can IT be Bi‐modal?
- The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
- Theory of Constraints DevOps Practices
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Continuous Testing
- Rugged DevOps
- Paced‐Layered Application Strategy
- Agile Service Management
- Lean Basics
- Lean Practices
- Value Stream Mapping Improvement Kata
- What is Culture?
- Cultural Debt
- Managing Culture Change
- Managing Conflict
- Enablers , Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
- Lean as a DevOps Value
- DevOps Metrics
- Ideas for encouraging Sharing
- Internal DevOps Days DevOps In the Enterprise
- Organizational Considerations
- DevOps Teams Getting Started
- Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors
Who is the DevOps Foundation Certification for
- Anyone working in Software Development, IT Service Management or an IT Operations organization.
- Individuals and organisations seeking a fundamental understanding of DevOps
- Employees, managers, stakeholders and suppliers who are leading or contributing to an organisation’s DevOps initiatives
- Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps programs and process improvement initiatives
- Application and infrastructure providers whose products are part of the DevOps tool chain
- Internal and external suppliers
- Business stakeholders
DevOps Foundation Certification Exam
DevOps foundation certification is a closed-book paper based exam which is scheduled on the second day of the course.
The exam is for one hour duration with 40 multiple choice questions.
A candidate must achieve a score of 26 out of 40 (65%) to pass and become certified.
About DevOps Institute (DOI)
The DevOps Institute (DOI) is the global learning community around emerging DevOps practices and is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market. Working with recognized thought leaders , a strategic examination partner, and DevOps Express, DOI has set the quality standard for relevant, current and sustainable DevOps course content and certification.