Course Category: Agile Methods
Course Duration: 2 Days
Hours: 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
Processworks Sdn. Bhd. is a registered HRDF Training Provider
Learn how to improve your Software Development or Business Intelligence processes using Scrum project management in a fun, friendly and effective way! Traditional software project management is based on hierarchically driven, fixed outcome systems and processes. Scrum, however, is an iterative planning & development approach that can be applied, day-to-day, to improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Emphasising customer satisfaction through rapid, continuous delivery of useful software where working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months).
This two day course covers the basic concepts of Scrum project management and how this Agile methodology can be used within your organisation to improve development processes and reduce ongoing development costs. This course aims to provide the tools for software managers and teams to improve customer satisfaction through the rapid and continuous delivery of useful software.
- An in-depth examination of Scrum processes
- The course will be customised to the participants organisational requirements
- Highly interactive through case studies and theoretical modelling
Who Should Attend
This course is for managers, project managers & developers who are interested in learning about Scrum and how they can help improve the quality and responsiveness of their software development projects.
Individuals wishing to enroll in this course should have a good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Gain a comprehensive and clear understanding of Scrum, and how this can improve ongoing business processes.
- Learn how to optimise development times, reduce ongoing development costs, and improve client satisfaction.
- Learn how to improve software estimation the Agile way.
- Participate in workshops to improve progress tracking and reporting.
- Discover how to attract and retain good software developers.
- INTRODUCTION TO AGILE AND THE AGILE MINDSET
- History of Agile Development and the Agile Manifesto
- History of Scrum
- AGILE ROLES
- Customers & the Product Owner
- The Role of the Scrum Master
- Cross-Functional and Self Organising Teams
- STARTING AN AGILE PROJECT as SPRINT
- Specifications in Agile?
- Beginning the Project
- Outcomes from Sprint 0
- Product Backlog
- Story Point Estimation
- Planning Agile with Fixed Constraints (Cost, Time, Scope)
RUNNING AN AGILE PROJECT – AGILE ITERATIONS / SPRINTS
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Backlog
- Effort Estimation
- Ongoing Development
- Agile Design & Architecture
- Development Standards & Practices
- Daily Scrum
- Transparent & Continuous Progress Monitoring
- Burndown Charts
- Continuous Integration & Unit Testing
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective